I cannot believe we're not discussing "Lost" more.

Author: jakers (7943 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 2:39 pm on Mar 7, 2008

As much feces-like television is being broadcast these days - such as American Idol and Moment of Truth - it boggles my mind that we're not talking about Lost.

It's simply amazing - every week has been an outright home run. And for fellow fans of popular shows like Prison Break, 24, Smallville, etc., you know how nearly impossible that is.

Replies to: I cannot believe we're not discussing "Lost" more.

Thread Level: 2

is "lost" your manhood?

Author: johngoldfarb (792 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 8:24 pm on Mar 7, 2008

(no message)

Do you think that each of the actresses has a bikini clause in her contract?

Author: TontoGoldstein (11011 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 3:43 pm on Mar 7, 2008

Juliette looked mighty uncomfortable coming out of the water wearing her bikini last night.

This message has been edited 1 time(s).

I've watched Lost since the pilot episode and for the first time...

Author: Domer From Hell (10758 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 3:31 pm on Mar 7, 2008

the story is starting to come together. It's really making sense, but I know there are some surprises in store for us. Amazing show and probably the best on TV!

They mailed it in last night

Author: Kyle (2630 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 3:15 pm on Mar 7, 2008

Actually, I can hardly remember what happened... Which is scary because it wasn't even 24 hours ago.

Overall, the new season has been great. They started to lose me a little bit in season 3, but I'm back on the bandwagon.

This message has been edited 1 time(s).

Thread Level: 3

Agreed - I liken this to the third X-Men movie vs the first 2

Author: TontoGoldstein (11011 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 3:45 pm on Mar 7, 2008

Although I like all three in the series, the third was a definite departure in that there was little character development in favor of action. Not bad, just different.

I compare this season to the prior seasons in a similar way, which again, is not a bad thing.

You thought so?

Posted at 3:29 pm on Mar 7, 2008

I really enjoyed last night's episode - it was definitely a "set-up" for some coming stories, but I liked it.

Thread Level: 4

Re: You thought so?

Author: Kyle (2630 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 5:56 pm on Mar 7, 2008

In all fairness, I was working on my laptop while watching, so every few minutes I had to ask my roommate what was going on. I like where they're going this season, last night's episode just didn't grab my attention.

I thought the time-travel episode with Desmond was terrific. I was glued to the screen for the full hour.

Haven't watched last night's yet. Agree that it's been spectacular

Author: McSweeney (17753 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 3:11 pm on Mar 7, 2008

What's so great about this season is that every episode is almost a movie within itself. My wife had been off the Lost bandwagon since that stretch of slow episodes mid-season last year, and the Desmond time-travel episode sucked her in big time.

Season 2 was where I thought each episode was too interdependent on the whole season.

Posted at 3:13 pm on Mar 7, 2008

Season 3 was absolutely riveting the whole way through, and this year, as you mentioned, each episode manages to have a satisfying ending and a cliffhanger for the following week.

It's just a great show.

Thread Level: 4

Season 3 was NOT absolutely riveting the whole way through

Posted at 3:21 pm on Mar 7, 2008

With about five or six episodes left in Season 3, every Lost viewer I knew was ready to write off the show, including me. Then the Season 3 finale--arguably the best finale I've ever seen of any show--made up for everything.

Thread Level: 5

We couldn't disagree more.

Posted at 3:31 pm on Mar 7, 2008

I hated - HATED - the finale. However, viewed through the information we have received so far this year, the finale from last year most definitely isn't how the story "ends."

But I really enjoyed the rest of Season 3.

Thread Level: 6

I own all three seasons of Lost on DVD

Posted at 3:41 pm on Mar 7, 2008

The first 9-10 episodes of DVDs from Season 3 will never be opened. Plodding, mind-numbing, worthless.

Thread Level: 7

That's how I felt about most of Season 2.

Posted at 3:43 pm on Mar 7, 2008

Which I didn't enjoy until approximately the end.

Thread Level: 5

You will be disappointed with last night's episode.

Author: Rooney (4810 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 3:28 pm on Mar 7, 2008

The back story focusses on one of the least interesting characters in the show. It was, by far, the weakest episode of the last dozen.

Seriously?

Author: IanY77 (4035 Posts - Joined: Dec 10, 2007)

Posted at 9:29 pm on Mar 7, 2008

Last night's episode explained the freighter and who's behind it, pulled Desmond's asshole father-in-law to-be waaaaaay deeper into the story, featured a near mass-extinction, and had the whole Julia/Ben back history put into an entirely new light and it was the weakest?

I know the show has been hitting a lot of doubles and triples recently, but if that's the weakest episode, I can't wait for the next couple. Apparently, the March 20th episode (S04E08) will be huge (ie. we find out who was in the coffin, major character death, etc).....

Great...b-side backstories

Posted at 3:42 pm on Mar 7, 2008

i.e. the sucky part of Season 3.

Thread Level: 7

Fingers crossed

Author: Rooney (4810 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 3:59 pm on Mar 7, 2008

Hoping that Season 4 does not echo Season 3. Start strong, weak middle, then finish extremely strong.

Last night's episode could be the start of a string of weak episodes (plot development slowing to a snail's pace), or it could be an anomoly in a season that started very well and will continue to get even better. I'm hoping for the latter. I fear the former.