Assuming our Universe was created out of nothing, which seems plausible ...

Author: CC72 (13510 Posts - Joined: Sep 5, 2010)

Posted at 6:38 pm on Dec 3, 2018

where did the “laws” of our Universe come from? Why does everything we know about exist? Are our Universe’s laws unique or do all the other Universes obey these same laws?

Replies to: Assuming our Universe was created out of nothing, which seems plausible ...

Thread Level: 2

..created out of nothing doesn't mean no physics/math laws. It means no spacetime/information/matter

Author: Eli (3614 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 7:17 pm on Dec 3, 2018

(no message)

This message has been edited 2 time(s).

Thread Level: 3

Where did the laws come from? Are they the same in every Universe?

Posted at 8:29 pm on Dec 3, 2018

(no message)

Thread Level: 4

I tend to think laws/models are created by human being to describe our universe and verified by

Posted at 1:48 am on Dec 4, 2018

our universe. I don't know if I misunderstand your question. (If you think the laws/models are discovered by human being, that's fine. This is just philosophical argument). Unfortunately our laws can't describe the initial state of our universe (beyond space-time).

I also tend to believe different universes have different laws of physics, because each universe's initial state is different even though I don't know what the initial state is. Different Initial conditions lead to different evolution of universes and therefore lead to different kinds of physics for each universe. Just my pure speculation.

This message has been edited 1 time(s).

Thread Level: 5

There are "laws" of how the Universe behaves. We can and do describe many in mathmatical terms

Posted at 12:04 pm on Dec 4, 2018

which is the only way we can begin to understand and describe them. As science advances we begin to understand more. We now understand why the galaxies developed as they did and it has something to do with dark matter. But we don't yet know with any certainty what exactly dark matter is. Someday we probably will but that may just unveil another set of mysteries. Why is our visible Universe now comprised of mainly "matter" and not "antimatter"? Do the laws of Universes dictate that is the only possibility or is it just a random accident for ours?

Thread Level: 6

Dark matter can still be found with this generation's detectors (or indrectly in outter space). Dark

Posted at 1:58 pm on Dec 4, 2018

energy will remain mystery for long time, I think.

Thread Level: 4

Can we assume there are other universes? That is a hypothesis only, correct?

Author: NedoftheHill (20537 Posts - Joined: Jun 29, 2011)

Posted at 11:24 pm on Dec 3, 2018

(no message)

It is a hypothesis, but if one is possible why not two, or two trillion?

Posted at 11:51 am on Dec 4, 2018

(no message)

Thread Level: 6

It has to be mil or tril of universes, not just 1 or 2. The multverse is the solution to the dilemma

Posted at 2:14 pm on Dec 4, 2018

of Anthropic Principle which shows our own universe appears to be fine-tuned for conscious life as we experience it. Universes have to be many in order to make our own universe not appear not fined-tuned for human being, i.e. our universe is just random accident in a statistical population of universes.

Anthropic Principle is a very interesting topic.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle

Yes. Multiverse is just a hypothesis.

Posted at 1:55 am on Dec 4, 2018

(no message)