Jobs report for January double estimates best since ‘87 thanks Obama

Author: PBHangingChad (6063 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 9:09 am on Feb 1, 2019

So a partial government shutdown and January jobs report was double estimates for January.

Replies to: Jobs report for January double estimates best since ‘87 thanks Obama

Thread Level: 2

The story really won't be told until the end of Trump's second term

Author: CC72 (13903 Posts - Joined: Sep 5, 2010)

Posted at 1:03 pm on Feb 1, 2019

if he has one. But right now it looks like Clinton and Reagan were both better than Obama, and Clinton, unlike Obama and Reagan, did it without substantially adding to the deficit or giving away free money. Monthly or even yearly numbers don't mean much.

If the old Bill Clinton (not the current one or his miserable bitch of a wife) were running in 2020 I would vote for him if I could also get a Republican controlled House.

Link: https://www.thebalance.com/job-creation-by-president-by-number-and-percent-3863218

This message has been edited 1 time(s).

Obama had greater jobs growth 9 different times.

Author: LehighND (5277 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 11:40 am on Feb 1, 2019

Not sure what you mean.

Thread Level: 3

Yes, meant to say it's the best January on the S&P since 1987 due to the consistent jobs growth

Posted at 11:59 am on Feb 1, 2019

See link below.

Bush, the idiot in chief, left Obama with a Shit Pie for an economy so no where to go but up. General feeling was throughout the Obama years is that the US could only achieve 2% GDP growth. US is now above 3% under Trump and employment keeps rising along with wages. I was left to assume on elecition night that Trump and his policies would be a disaster. I remember Nobel BS economic expert, Paul Krugman of the NY Times, saying the world economies would collapse under Trump. Don't hear much from Paul anymore.

Link: http://fortune.com/2019/02/01/january-stocks-growth-recession/

Thread Level: 4

Ok. Nothing wrong with S&P growth.

Author: LehighND (5277 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 12:59 pm on Feb 1, 2019

Although I think year-over-year monthly trends are not all that meaningful. Stocks can rise at any time due to externalities (e.g. changes in monetary policy) and fall at any time, regardless of what month it is.

Perhaps Knute can way in. I think he actually knows something about this, unlike me.

Pretty sure I can hear you singing in the background as you make these posts...

Author: TakethetrainKnute (16574 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 11:46 am on Feb 1, 2019

I'd think you were the guy in the yellow jacket...except I know you couldn't have been that young in 1967...

And yet there's political and social unrest, household sustainable wages have gone nowhere....

Author: ND1IRISH (3249 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 9:29 am on Feb 1, 2019

there's volatility in the markets, business investment is falling and housing tanked in January.

That's because people are stupid.

Author: Cole (8062 Posts - Joined: Oct 15, 2012)

Posted at 10:47 am on Feb 1, 2019

(no message)

Are there more or less Ferguson events? Social unrest? You mean TDS. And you have it because thes

Author: BaronVonZemo (23743 Posts - Joined: Nov 19, 2010)

Posted at 9:49 am on Feb 1, 2019

are great times (times Obama said wouldn’t be possible again & that those days had past). Stock market volatility wasn’t created nor will it be ended by Trump, but it is here to stay. Regardless, the market marches.

You can’t handle the truth. You teach in an academic bubble of seething liberal resentment. You aren’t in the real world. People are working more for higher wages. Your actual complaint is that you simply hate Trump. And you hate him even more as he has success which makes you realize that much of what you thought you knew is wrong. You try to see clouds on a mostly clear day after 8years of dreary overcast.

That is why you are upset with great news, But, I doubt that you have been able to put it into words until now.

Does the word "Charlottesville" mean anything to you?

Author: Chris94 (21467 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 11:18 am on Feb 1, 2019

(no message)

Re Fergusons, more publicity, scrutiny, education=less shootihg=less Fergusons.

Author: Rooster (2845 Posts - Original UHND Member)

Posted at 10:42 am on Feb 1, 2019

(no message)

Wages up 3% and your resistance movement is not relevant to business

Posted at 9:33 am on Feb 1, 2019

How does that make you feel? If this was Obama he would get another peace prize. Give credit where it’s due.

...and he points to market volatility rather than where the market has gone under Trump....

Posted at 10:05 am on Feb 1, 2019

...and he ignores the other factors involved in that volatility because fits with his extreme political views to do so.

Your stupidity isn't relevant to business either.All I did was provide multiple data points that..

Posted at 9:41 am on Feb 1, 2019

suggest caution. You prefer to cheerlead and cherry pick data points.

Thread Level: 5

You didn’t cherry pick data housing starts. Real wages are higher. Go away

Posted at 9:51 am on Feb 1, 2019

Don’t deny the truth. More jobs 240k per month on average with wage growth rising. You and all the others who warned on election night that Trump would collapse global economics. WTF happened?

Thread Level: 6

Well well... a palm beach snowflake. You sure talk tough for a guy who is afraid of me coming to...

Posted at 10:05 am on Feb 1, 2019

Palm Beach. Guys like you a a dime a dozen. Smack them in the mouth and they piss their panties. Grow up little man. You're out of your league.

Thread Level: 7

Proven wrong and your response is violence. Sure America would be better in your world

Posted at 10:10 am on Feb 1, 2019

(no message)

Thread Level: 8

No not violence at all. Just a statement of fact. Well, maybe my....

Posted at 10:18 am on Feb 1, 2019

words did hurt your little feel, feels.

Thread Level: 9

If I remember correctly you're upset about boob jobs in Boca and not driving a Porsche

Posted at 10:37 am on Feb 1, 2019

You are welcome to Palm Beach anytime, just make sure you are back across the bridge before dark. Wouldn't want anything to happen to you.

Thread Level: 7

Ah, the ad hominem so soon? You wouldn’t need to resort to that if you had a better argument.

Posted at 10:07 am on Feb 1, 2019

(no message)