Drawing a parallel to a technology that I'm familiar with...Nuclear Power...when true experts in the

TyroneIrish 26128 posts Joined:
Posted

field sound alarms about its capability for massive harm to humanity, it is indeed wise to...coincident with development...invest in setting boundaries and government regulations. As a member of the development community, we chaffed at what we knew to be unnecessarily burdensome regulations, but for the greater good, it was better to have them...and over time, refine them...due to the danger of human errors causing extreme damage (see TMI and Chernobyl). An "NRC" is definitely required for AI Technology. Just as we had a Race for Supremacy after WWII, we can't just let everyone do whatever they pleased in the meantime.

Attached is a discussion from 2024, on this topic...along with several other sources (e.g. "Reboot", which I'm reading), we all need to become more familiar with our coming 'New World'.

Link: https://news.berkeley.edu/2024/04/09/how-to-keep-ai-from-killing-us-all/

Replies 14

  • Drawing a parallel to a technology that I'm familiar with...Nuclear Power...when true experts in theLink TyroneIrish