UHND.com Board Rules
You must read and agree to all of the following in order to participate on our site.
Goal and expectations:
We are here to promote and maintain discussion of Notre Dame football. All posters are expected to stay within the topic of the forum. The topic is open to discussion on the Open Forum, where the rules are slightly relaxed. However, obscene material, or activity that could be considered remotely illegal, is never acceptable on any of the forums. Behavior considered detrimental to the flow of discussion on any of the forums may result in post removal, account suspension, or account termination.
This is a privately owned forum made available on an as-is basis. Membership is at our sole discretion, and you agree to acknowledge this by signing up.
Suggestions for all (but especially new) posters:
Read more, post less. Please become acclimated with the flow of the forums before jumping into the discussion. Reposting threads that have recently been discussed will annoy other posters. We have limited real estate, so please scan the first page of the forum before making a post, to make sure your topic, or link, has not been discussed recently.
This site is monitored by volunteers on a part-time basis. We do the best we can, but we're not going to catch everything. We expect posters to be able to handle themselves on the board. We're not here to be your babysitter. We're not going to go back and trace every personal battle back to its inception. If arguments between posters escalate, we will judge it as we see fit, and take the appropriate action. The onus is on you not to let an argument get out of control. Sometimes the best response is no response. We would advise using the forums "ignore" feature for posters who bother you.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate on the forums.
- One account per user. If you wish to change your account name, you need to contact us via email. Don't sign up for a second account.
- We reserve the right to turn down anyone who provides a free email address as part of their account registration. These types of accounts cause us the most trouble.
- Discussion will get heated at times, but limit personal attacks. Persistent "stalking" of other posters across threads will not be permitted.
- All opinions, positive and negative are welcome. However, keep in mind that this is a Notre Dame football forum. "Flaming", "trolling", "baiting", or any type of posting whose sole purpose is to elicit a negative response from other members will not be tolerated. Posters who establish a reputation for this type of behavior will be warned, and then removed if it persists. Posters who are fans of other schools need to keep this and the audience in mind before participating.
- Read more, post less. Do not dominate the board with many posts/replies. If you account for a large percentage of the posts on any of the forums, we may ask you to slow down. Quality, not quantity. Read the first page of the forum before starting a new thread, to make sure your topic hasn't recently been discussed.
- Administrative decisions (removal of a post, or removal of a poster) are not up for discussion on the board. Contact us privately if you have an issue.
- We're not the grammar police. However, please make your posts readable. POSTS IN ALL CAPS, or posts that come across as garbled nonsense are subject to deletion.
- No advertising on the forum, of any kind, without prior approval from either Frank or Kyle. Repeatedly linking your site or blog without prior consent is considered advertising.
- Account suspensions are temporary, but bans are permanent. We deal with this on a case by case basis.
- Follow directions of the mods. If you are asked to stop behavior considered detrimental to the forum (regardless of whether or not it's covered here), you need to follow those directions. Failure to do so will result in account suspension, or removal from the forum.
- THE TICKET BOARD IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS ONLY. IT IS NOT REGULARLY MONITORED, AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE IDENTITY OF ANYONE ON IT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE IT TO BUY OR SELL ANYTHING, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.