US 124% to Canada 114% (Debt/GDP) but...

BaronVonZemo 64331 posts Joined:
Posted

the unfunded mandates of your socialist system aside, the shrinking economy aside that is going to result from Carney's decision to grandstand against a favorable deal for political purposes,
none of these numbers have yet to take into the account of the cost of paying significantly more for your national defense.

I get that you're a Carney guy.

He'll do what they all do...warn of a finite amount of pain that won't prove to be finite.

It is sad because I think that the whole thing was preventable, and it represents imo, the greatest mistake of Trump's presidency...his verbal sparring with Trudeau at the start of his presidency along with the nonsense about annexing Canada (which he was doing to piss off Trudeau, i believe), had real consequences. I recall the conservative party had been heading toward a victory until that point with a rebound away from Trudeau and his socialist policies.

But Trump's comments triggered a major reaction of nationalism in Canada that helped the globalist Carney take office.
It was an unforced error on Trump's part.
But at the same time, it highlighted how far apart the two countries were growing as Canada slid further to the Left under Trudeau. From basic definitions of freedoms such as speech to economic policies and international perspectives.

We really aren't that close anymore...well, Alberta is. I pity them. Just as I will pity us if the Far Left gain significant control again here in the US (remember your "moderate policies" are far left to us.

Link: https://www.global-debt-clock.com/compare/ca/us/

This message has been edited 2 time(s).

Replies 18