Back to threaded view Full conversation · 5 posts

Why can't Trump admit that Putin is both a complete idiot and a war criminal?

Curly1918 18439 posts Joined:
Posted

The puny crypto-czar has ruined his country and caused the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians and Russians... for NOTHING!

Trump will call Canadian PM Carney the worst leader in the world but will never ever acknowledge that Putin is infinitely worse.

Among his many flaws, I see this one as Trump's worst.

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/the-russian-threat-is-inching-closer/ar-AA2d6US9?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=6abbaa2082b840c1953522c5da862335&ei=36

  • Level 1

    Occam's razor

    Perhaps he has spent the last twenty years talking incessantly about how much he admires the guy...because he admires the guy.

    Putin is everything that Trump wants to be.

  • Level 1

    Perhaps because labeling him a war criminal would make peace less likely?

    Dunno. Maybe I'm giving Trump too much credit here.

    But, (and I haven't done any research on this), Trump does seem to praise despots he needs something from (and whom he is not willing to bomb, unlike Iran), and he criticizes democratically elected leaders he needs something from. He seems to have decided those are the best ways to manipulate those types of leaders to do what he wants for the benefit of the U.S. Me?...I would be more private in my negotiations, but I'm not Trump.

    Remember Biden insulting the Saudi royal family, then flying to Saudi Arabia to unsuccessfully beg that same family for economic oil concessions? Might have turned out better for the United States if Biden had been willing to withstand pressure from the Left, and treat the Saudi royal family better. His criticism helped him domestically, and it would have been harmless, except for the fact that the U.S. needed something from them. But Biden had already burned that bridge for domestic political power gains.

    Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good.
End of conversation